注册:
2008-02-26
  • 0粉丝
  • 0精华
  • 921帖子
The Clarkson Review: 2017 Hyundai i30 N Performance

Pistol-packing agent hiding in a hat box

礼帽下的手枪特工

I WAS driving along in a dreary, ugly and unnecessary Mini Countryman the other day when an important message flashed up on the dashboard. And, after I’d ferreted about in my pockets to find my spectacles so I could read what it said, I was a bit alarmed.

有天我在试驾一台无聊 丑陋 毫无意义的Mini Countryman时一条重要信息从仪表盘蹦出来。然后在翻出我的眼镜看看内容后,我有点害怕

I don’t recall the exact wording but, in essence, it said there was a fault with the steering system and that as a result, I should drive “moderately”.

我记不清具体语句了,但基本上,就是转向系统有个故障,因此我应该“保养跑法”

I wonder what that means. Because Lewis Hamilton’s idea of “moderately” is rather different from James May’s. And anyway, if there’s a fault with the steering, surely it’d be better to say: “Stop immediately and flee.”

我在想这说的是啥?因为汉密尔顿的“保养跑法”和船长的“保养跑法”不太一样。无论如何,如果真的是转向系统跪了,车内的提示肯定是“立刻停车逃跑”

Losing your ability to steer is worse than losing your ability to stop. I know this because I once drove a brake-free lorry across Burma and I just about managed. But when the steering locked while I was in a Renault A610, I crashed almost immediately.

无力转向比无力停车更难。我这么说是因为在缅甸我开过无刹车的大货车(TG缅甸特辑)差不多还能把持。但开着没有转向的Alpine A610,我肯定立刻撞车

The problem is, of course, that to save the polar bear, the Mini Countryman has electric power steering. And when something is electrical, you can be certain that one day it will break and you’ll have to turn it off then on again to mend it. That’s not so bad when it’s a wi-fi router but the steering on a car? When you’re driving? Hmmm.

问题是,要想拯救北极熊,Countryman装配了电子转向。而一但任何东西电子化后,它就会坏,然后你就要复位修好它。要是个路由器倒还好,但这可是车辆的转向….你还在开车呢….额

Charles Babbage, the father of the computer, talked once about the unerring certainty of machinery. But we don’t use machinery any more because we’ve got it into our heads that circuit boards and ones and noughts can do the job better.

Charles Babbage,电脑之父,谈到过机器的万无一失。但机器被取代的原因是我们一直认为电路板和二进制能做得更好

They can’t. A point proved by the Countryman, and by a feature you’ll see in the current series of The Grand Tour. We took some fun-sized SUVs to Canada, where they failed to do anything very well. And when we asked them to do some actual four-wheel-drive work, they responded by not working at all. The electronics simply couldn’t cope.

Countryman这破车表明不存在的,这个内容TGT S02会很快播出。我们在加拿大尝试了一些滑稽的SUV,完美证明了这些东西的一事无成。而涉及到4WD的项目时,这些车都完全罢工,电子产品无能为力

And that brings me on to the subject of this morning’s missive, the Hyundai i30 N, which has two speedometers. I don’t know why. One is analogue and one is digital. And at no time could they agree on how fast I was going. There was always a 3mph difference. And if they’d both been connected to the wheels with an actual cable, rather than some nerd’s wet dream, this wouldn’t have happened.

这就要说到本文重头戏了,现代i30 N,这车有俩速度表,一个模拟,一个数码。这俩表一直不能达成统一。总是有3MPH的差距。如果这俩破表连接车轮用的是真正的接线而非科技宅的一袭春梦,这种破事儿根本不存在的

There was another issue I had with this new hot hatch. Its name: i30 N. There are certain letters that work well on the boot lid of a car. G, T, V, R, I and S are fine; B, D, U, J and L are not. But the worst letter of them all is N. I know Hyundai will say it used an N because the car was developed at the Nürburgring but we don’t need reminding. We can tell.

这台新肛炮的另一个问题就是名字—i30 N。很多字母放在车尾都很好—Gran Turismo Veloce Racing Immediate Speed;Bastard Dick Unreliable Junk Loser就不行。但N是最糟糕的。我知道官方会说N=Nurburgring,因为这车就是牛背研发的,但我们不用字母提醒,我们能感受出来

Hyundai — which has never made a hot hatchback before — has bought a book called How to Copy a Golf GTI and stuck rigidly to the recipe. It’s taken its ordinary five-door hatchback — the sort of car that’s bought by people who wear hats — lowered it, given it a 2-litre turbocharged engine and added some red styling details and hey presto. One hot hatch . . . that no one wants because they’d rather have a VW Golf, thanks very much, or a Renault, or a Ford.

现代—一个没造过正统钢炮的厂—买了本“如何山寨Golf GTI”的书,死板地墨守成规。找来一台5门掀背—就是哪种反戴帽子的家伙买的玩意儿—降低高度,加上一台2.0T的引擎,一点点红色的点缀,瞧好了嘿—一台…..没人要的钢炮出炉,因为人们倾向Golf或者雷诺 福特啥的

There’s more, I’m afraid, because instead of going to suppliers that know what they’re doing, Hyundai has got everything it needs to make this car — brakes, suspension and so on — from Korean firms no one has heard of. And that’s like having a Korean shotgun or a Korean watch.

还有一点,与去胸有成竹的供应商那里取货合作差异,现代必须从一个名不见经传的韩国公司取货—制动 悬挂 等等等等—听起来就和棒子的猎枪或者手表一样呵呵

The only way you’d be tempted is by a very low price. And on the face of it, you don’t even get that. However, if you look carefully, you will notice it includes all sorts of things that are options with a Golf GTI. Furthermore, this car was developed, in 15 months incidentally, by one of the men responsible for all BMW’s M models in recent years. He’s a man who knows what he’s doing and that shows because this car, despite its on-paper problems and an inability to work out how fast it’s going, is utterly delightful.

吸引你的只可能是超低价。话说白了,不存在的。然而,仔细观察,你会发现这车预装了许多Golf GTI的选装件。而且,这车是BMW 抖M部门负责人弄巧成拙在15个月内出品的产物。这位老兄一定是深解其中味,这车很好地证明了这点,尽管数据上白璧微瑕,车速表虚无缥缈,这车开起来,让我喜笑颜开

On an ordinary day, on an ordinary road, it’s beautifully understated. It’s quiet and comfortable and there are many toys to keep you amused. My favourite was the button that makes the exhaust go all noisy. Because then you do get people looking. And what they’re thinking is: “Why is that hat transportation device making such a rumbly sound? And why is it barking every time it’s asked to change gear?”

日常的通勤,日常的一天,这车很好很低调。安静 舒适以及一堆防止你无聊的玩具。我最喜欢的是让排气管笙箫震天的按钮。因为你的确能吸引目光,人们会想“这台戴帽子的小车为啥这么吵?每次换挡时还叫个不停”

It’s like looking at a Secret Service agent. He’s wearing a nice suit and has a neat haircut and he could be a Wall Street functionary. Except, if you look, you can see the earpiece and if you listen hard, you can hear his controller talking about shooty stuff.

就像看着特勤局特工一样。西装革履,发型简洁,可能任职华尔街。除了你能看见他的耳机,仔细听还能听到领导谈着啪啪啪的事宜

The Hyundai is very good at shooty stuff. It’s provided with an electronic system — which will break, obviously — that allows you to choose from a whopping 1,944 setups. There’s Sport and Sport  and all sorts of individual custom programs that allow the driver to tailor each aspect to his or her personal preference, and it doesn’t matter what you do, this is a car that just works.

这车的性能倒的确啪啪啪。带有电子系统—也就是说肯定会坏—附赠眼花缭乱的194四个选项。运动 运动加成以及各种自定义属性来符合驾驶证的个人品味,无论你怎么胡改,这车依旧管用

Maybe, if I were to pick nits, I’d argue that a hot Renault is a bit more feelsome and that a Golf GTI with a front diff is a bit more sticky in an uphill, tight, first-gear bend but as an overall package, the i30 N is a sweetheart. Even in Nutter Bastard mode, it’s not even remotely bumpy or unpleasant.

如果强行挑刺,我会说雷诺更有感觉,高尔夫GTI的前差速器面对上山紧凑的1挡弯更有力,但整体来说,i30N是颗小甜心。即便是“风流浪荡”模式都不算太过颠簸或者不爽

I especially like the rev match function. It was first seen on the Nissan 370Z and I’ve always wondered why more car makers haven’t copied the idea because what it does, as you change down, is rev the engine so the gearchange is smooth. It’s double declutching for you. And it’s doing this mechanically, so it’ll still be working long after the Apple CarPlay and sat nav system have gone haywire.

我很喜欢转速匹配功能。最初出现在370Z上面,我一直想知道为啥没有多少厂商使用,因为这会让你在降档时改变转速,这样换挡更平顺。自动负责离合。这个功能是机械的,也就是说苹果车和导航抽风时这货依旧可靠

Some say the bite on the clutch pedal is too high and that they wouldn’t buy this car because they kept stalling it. But that can be adjusted in about five seconds. Because it too is mechanical. And then it would be fine.

有人说离合器踏板太高,这样会一直熄火。但5秒就能调节好踏板,因为踏板也是机械调节。这样就完美了

As I see it, there are only a couple of reasons why you would not consider the N if you wanted a five-door, family hatchback with a folding rear seat at the back and plenty of ponies at the front. First, you’d have to tell people that you’d bought a Hyundai, which, despite its successes in rallying, is a bit like saying your bladder has broken.

就我来说,如果你要大马力 折叠后座的5门家用钢炮只有以下原因会让你拒绝小N。首先,你要告诉别人你买了台现代,尽管厂商在拉力很成功,但听起来就像线性代数一样无聊

And then there’s the problem of Kim Jong-un, whose wobbly rockets may well affect your warranty one day. If you think all is well on that front, because Donald Trump would be on hand with a calm, measured response, then the i30 N makes a deal of sense. It’s come out of nowhere, this car, and is immediately a force to be reckoned with.

然后就是金某某的问题,他们家的火箭可能会随时废了你的保修期。如果你认为这都不是事儿的话,因为川普还在深思熟虑,那i30 N可能是理性之选。来路不明,但火力全开

总评4星

Hyundai

回复本楼

太平洋汽车全新推出“太平洋车友会”;来太平洋车友会,结识志同道合的车友了解详情>>

未登录用户

只可添加一张图片,多张图片请选高级模式

高级模式
温馨提示:回复超10字可获1金币,有独特见解超30字可获3金币,灌水用户将扣除金币并锁号处理。希望广大车友共同维护论坛的友好回复氛围。
常用表情
您可能感兴趣

支付宝扫码询价